We provide refunds if…
You are unable to Attend the Booking due to any of the listed reasons and have provided the required evidence shown in the table below, subject always to the General Conditions of Refund described immediately below the list.
- Illness / Injury
- Pre-existing Medical Condition
- Pregnancy Complication
- Death of Immediate Family
- Public Transport Failure
- Flight disruption
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Government Travel Ban
- Home Emergency
- Theft of Documents
- Jury Service
- Court Summons
- Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall
- Relocated for Work
- Changes to Examination Dates
We may also consider other Emergency Circumstances at our absolute discretion and You will need to provide evidence for these circumstances.
You must read the General Conditions of Refund, and the table below, for full information on what we will and will not refund for each reason.
General Conditions of Refund
- We do not refund for any reason associated with a Communicable Disease pandemic or epidemic, including Covid-19.
- Your reason for refund must not have been reasonably foreseeable at the time You made the Booking.
- We will not pay a refund through this process where your Booking is cancelled or postponed.
- You must make all arrangements to arrive in time to Attend the Booking, including arranging any necessary permits, travel documents or visas.
- You must take all reasonable precautions or make reasonable alternate arrangements to prevent or reduce any refund request.
- You will be asked to provide supporting evidence at Your own expense, and a copy of the Booking
- Maximum refund value will not exceed the total value of the Booking, or £5,000 GBP, or alternative currency equivalent, per person.
Requesting a Refund
Your refund application and payment will be handled by the Refunds Team who act as the administrator of Our Refundable terms.
If Your Booking is cancelled or postponed, You should contact Our customer service team to discuss Your options; see Your Booking confirmation for contact details.
|Refund reason||What We do not refund||Evidence required|
|Illness / Injury
means an Illness or accidental Injury to You or a member of Your Immediate Family. We will also refund the cost of the Doctor’s note on valid Refund Application.
|· Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming the details of the illness or injury, the date it occurred, and that it prevented You from Attending the Booking. (Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund)|
|Pre-existing Medical Condition
means a physical or mental health condition that You were aware of at the time You made the Booking that would not normally prevent You from Attending the Booking.
|· Where guidelines for Your pre-existing medical condition would normally prevent You from Attending the Booking.||· Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming the details of the illness, the date it changed, and that it prevented You from Attending the Booking. (Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund)|
means a complication of pregnancy You were unaware of at the time You made the Booking and which results in You being unable to Attend the Booking.
|· Normal Pregnancy.||· Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming the details of the complication, the date it occurred, and that it prevented You from Attending the Booking. (Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund)|
means Your death any time prior to the Booking or the death of an Immediate Family member or any person(s) in the Group due to Attend the event with You, up to 4 weeks prior to the date of the Booking.
|· A death certificate.|
|Public Transport Failure
means unexpected disruption or failure of the public transport network which You could not have reasonably been aware of on or before the date of the Booking.
|· If there is a financial failure of any Public Transport.||· A copy of the notice of failure or disruption of the public transport. (This can normally be obtained from the transport company’s website).|
means cancellation or significant delay of flight(s) which You were unaware of before the date of the Booking, that prevents You from Attending Your Booking.
|· If Your flight is Your Booking and it is cancelled or postponed, and You have a right of compensation from the Airline or another Paying Party.
· If You were aware of the disruption prior to the date of the Booking and did not make reasonable suitable alternative travel arrangements.
· If there is a financial failure of any Transport provider.
· If the purpose or reason for which You booked Your flight in order to Attend has altered or been cancelled.
|· A copy of Your airline ticket and notice of cancellation from the airline.|
|Government Travel Ban
means You can not Attend the Booking because of a public travel ban issued either by the government of Your country of residence or by the country You are travelling to, in the 7 days preceding the Booking.
|· Where the restriction of movement is as a direct result of measures to control the spread of Covid-19, or any other pandemic.
· Where Your government has issued a travel advisory or warning but not a ban to the country where the Booking is located.
· Where Your government has issued an internal travel ban or lockdown affecting the area, town, city or state in Your country where the Booking is located.
· Where You made the Bookingafter the Government Travel ban was already in force or was reasonably foreseeable.
· If Your visa has not been obtained or has been declined.
· If Your Booking is cancelled or postponed and You have a right of refund, credit or voucher from another Paying Party.
· If Your Booking is postponed or rescheduled, unless You can evidence that You have a reason for not Attending on the rescheduled date which would be refundable under these terms.
|· Evidence from the relevant national government website confirming the travel ban to the country or area where the Booking is located.|
means in the 24 hours prior to the Booking, the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft of a vehicle taking You to the Booking.
|· If You did not leave sufficient time to travel to the Booking.
· If You did not make reasonable alternative arrangements to Attend the Booking.
|· Breakdown – A copy of the call out note from Your breakdown recovery service.
· An incident number or report from the Police or relevant traffic authority.
means a summons for You to Attend Jury Service over the date of the Booking of which You were unaware at the time of making the Booking.
|· A copy of the letter requiring Jury Service.|
means You are summoned to appear as a witness in court proceedings on the day of the Booking of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.
|· Any Court Summons in which You are a named Defendant in Criminal Proceedings or where You are the subject of Criminal Proceedings.||· A copy of the Court Summons.|
means a Burglary, Fire, Malicious Damage or Flood at Your private residence up to 48 hours immediately before the Booking, of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.
|· Burglary, Flood, Malicious Damage – A Police reference number or evidence from the submission of a claim to Your home insurance company.
· Fire – A report from the fire service and/or police.
|Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall
means You as a member of the Armed Forces, ReserveArmed Forces or Emergency Services are recalled to work on the date of the Booking or are posted overseas and cannot Attend the Booking.
|· You were aware of or had scheduled work on the date of the Booking, prior to making the Booking.
· You made an unsuccessful request for annual leave for the date of the Booking.
|· A note from Your Commanding Officer or Line Manager to confirm being called into work or duty and that this was not Your original schedule.|
means weather where a Government Agency has issued warnings not to travel which entirely prevents You from Attending the Booking.
|· Adverse weather with no Government Agency warnings not to travel.||· A copy of the travel warning from the Government Agency.
· Confirmation of relevant route closures.
|Relocated for Work
means a requirement to move address imposed on You by Your employer, unknown to You at the date of Booking. The move may be temporary or permanent and must be more than 100 miles from Your home address at the date of Booking.
|· Attendance at business meetings and business travel.
· The temporary relocation for work must be for a period of at least 3 months.
|· A letter from Your current employer confirming the relocation details.|
|Theft of Document(s)
means the theft of a document necessary for the Booking, which cannot be replaced in time for the Booking.
|· Where documents can be replaced in advance of the Booking or on the day.
· Where documents have been lost.
|· A police report or crime number to confirm the theft.
· An email from the Booking agent confirming they are unable to replace/re-issue the tickets.
|Changes to Examination Dates
means the unforeseen change of the date of an examination for a course on which You are registered to the day(s) of the Booking.
|· Where You failed the examination previously and had to re-sit.||· A copy of a notice from the examination body, school, college, university confirming the change of date.|
means an unforeseen circumstance completely outside Your control and of no fault of Yours. The decision to refund is entirely at the discretion of our Refunds Team. We will consider these circumstances and have no obligation whatsoever to provide a refund.
|· Anything which our Refunds Team considers is not intended to be included in this list of valid reasons for refund.||· Any evidence requested by our Refunds Team to verify the emergency circumstances.|
Specific reasons where refunds will not be provided:
We do not refund for non-Attendance of a Booking directly or indirectly associated with:
- actual or perceived: war, hostilities, civil commotion; imprisonment, repatriation, deportation; poisonous biological materials, radioactivity; Cyber Incident or Cyber Act; state property seizure;
- failing to comply with any law;
- any Booking emanating from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria;
- where exposed to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
- if it exceeds 18 months from the date originally booked to the conclusion of the transacted event.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
We/Us/Our – We are the Booking agent with whom You made the Booking.
You/Your/Yourself – A person who has made a Booking alone or as part of a group with Us.
Armed Forces – Naval Service, Marines, Army or Air Force.
Attend – participate in, take part in, use, or be present at.
Booking – The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s)/event(s)/flight(s)/ticket(s) transacted with Us by You.
Communicable Disease – means any disease capable of being transmitted from an infected person or species to a susceptible host, either directly or indirectly, that has caused quarantines or restriction of movement of people.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered and licensed with a recognised professional body. A doctor cannot be You or a member of Your family.
Emergency Services – Police, Fire and Rescue Service or other Emergency Services.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandmother or grandfather.
Paying Party – Any organisation or body who has a legal liability to pay compensation for the failure of the service, against whom You have a right of refund.
Refunds Team – Our administrative team who act for Us as administrator of all refund applications under our Refundable terms.
IMPORTANT Any translation of this document from English is for assistance and information only. In event of a Refund Application the English language version shall be the basis of settlement.
All aspects of this document are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
This is not an insurance policy. A Refundable Booking is an optional extension to Our standard Terms & Conditions of sale and trade, and it provides a refund in certain defined circumstances outlined in this document.